Sunday, May 18, 2008

More work!



I just got a call back to grip on another local feature. It's short notice, starting this Monday, and I am on injured reserve with a broken or sprained toe. But damn the torpedoes, I'm doing it! The shoot is scheduled for a month of 10-hour days. But since I am interning, I will have to work at the pub for cash money. Fortunately the President gave me $300 of national debt [plus postage] to play with! It was going to go to Incorporation and search fees, but that will come around. I can't pass up an opportunity to work, even if it's for free!

I have been devouring Micheal Uva's Grip Book, and will have at least a working vocabulary to start the day. I wouldn't want to rig something a person had to hang off of, but I am fairly confident I can put lights up. Uva was thoughtful enough to include a section of on-set etiquette, which I should have read before I went out the first time.

So the chance of getting help on any of my projects just grew from a little seed into a seedling. Friday I went to a gallery opening for Oni Sakti. He does some lovely, obsessive work in a blend of traditional Japanese, Manga and Art Nouveau. Think Mucha watching Ninja Scroll while illuminating monastic manuscripts with Hans Arp. Dawn Wagner was there, radiant as ever, and I got her brand new CD! Yess...



Subscribe to my My mySpace http://myspace.com/habeascorpusmovie for updates, location shots and preproduction art, posted as we make it. Make us your friend!

No comments: