Thursday, November 8, 2007

Wow... I hate this movie!



I am having an experience that I have heard described in expectant mothers in their last trimester. I just want this thing out! Things are progressing slowly, and I am having horrible fits of procrastination. I need these plot lines and characters to get out of my head! I am so sick and bored of everything and everyone in this story.

...except Colleen. She is all innocence and purity, and also the Point Of View for much of the film, especially for scenes of violence. I feel like watching violence from a child's perspective intensifies the terror of it. It's kind of a dirty subliminal trick, but I think it will be effective.

I have been listening to my computer read the script to me, and either tweaking [the horrible] dialog or moving whole scenes around. But I am only 1/3 done. I just want the story to be done and then polished by more capable hands. Bob and Tristessa, hopefully working in some collaborative fashion, will do a dramatic overhaul and dialog writing.

But so far, I am happier with the flow of the story now that there is an extra day in the story. I got some time issues fixed, and used the extra day to establish a sense of place, set up plot devices and introduce characters and their dynamic with Todd.

Since I am writing for myself to direct, I have written a lot of camera direction and back-story into the script. In some instances, I have shot by shot direction if it's a scene I have clearly in my head. I am up to 164 pages, and I'm sure it will gain another 20-30 more with this revision. When the second draft is done, I will have to pare it down to a regular 90-110 word screen play, so we can shop it around for money. I have find a production assistant...

Subscribe to my My mySpace http://myspace.com/habeascorpusmovie for updates, location shots and preproduction art, posted as we make it. Make us your friend!

1 comment:

tjsveen said...

Hey,
I realize that it's been a month since you posted this, but I'd be interested in being the production assistant you desire. My name is Tom Sveen and I graduated from Bethel University in St. Paul last May with a film minor. I have production experience not only on coursework, but also with CTV15 in Roseville. I am also a Journalism major so if writing/proofreading help is what you need, I'm your guy. Shoot me an email at smootysveen@hotmail.com if you still need help. Later.
-Tom